Healthy Sleep habits, Happy Child

So since Pella has been about 3 weeks old, she totally decided to ditch the naps! She would be awake all day! maybe sleep for a total of 2 hours out of the entire day....now that shes 2 months old, I notice how exhausted she is, her eyes are red, she fights trying to go to sleep, I was using 25 different sleep aides (which I am opposed too) and she was defiant, NO NAPS!So Today was day 1 of the Healthy sleep habits, happy child approach..and I'd like to share was a success today!
she was up at 8am changed her, fed her, burped her, had about 1 hour of wake time , laid her down slept for 1.5 hours.
11am changed her, fed her, burped her, had about 1 hour of wake time , laid her down slept for 1.5 hours.
2pm she was fed, and slept for 2 hours up her aunties.
5pm changed her, fed her, burped her, had about 1 hour of wake time , laid her down slept for an hour
8pm changed her, fed her, burped her, had about 1 hour of wake time , gave her a bath, topped her off with another 2oz, laid her down at 9:30pm and shes still sleeping.

I never realized until I started reading HSHHC (with my kindle on m iphone) how important sleep truly is for these little tiny humans...I'm hoping by her getting this extra sleep, and by me becoming the sleep NAZI, she will be a happier child! just like the book says!

anyone else read this book?? thoughts? experiences? feedback?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment