DRESSMAKING

This fabric is going to turn into a tiki style wiggle dress somewhat inspired by the lovely sarong dresses at Vivien of Holloway!


The fabric dates back from (oh, here we go again...) the hippie days when I hanged out on Bali for a while, a long time ago. Just lying in my closet useless for years it has finally found a meaning - I'm getting a dress for free :)

The plan is to premiere the dress next Sunday at the From Helsini to Honolulu via Hysteria Burlesque party onboard Wäiski! As previously mentioned we and a lot of other gals will be performing there and I'm sure it will be a hell of a night! (I've heard there are still some tickets left so hurry up and get yourself one if you're around town!)

(it didn't start out so well though - I always cut all dresses freehand and this time I cut it slightly too small for myself; it's not always easy with a totally non-stretch fabric... Then one of my cats threw up on what was left of the fabric. But in spite of these minor misfortunes I think it will turn out pretty fine anyway!)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment